Monday 27 March 2006

I Know...

I know


I know you love me,

But how can I feel it?

I know you’re before me,

But where are your footprints?

I know where the path is,

But how can I walk it?

I don’t know.

You tell me to trust you,

I can’t see you.

You tell me you’ve done it,

I ask you why.

You say ‘I’ll show you’

I know I’m blind.

You say here I am,

I say I’m lost.

You tell me to follow,

I say I can’t.

You say ‘look at me’,

I look to your eyes.

I see you love me.

I see your smile.


Then... I know.

Written 15.10.2003

1 comment:

Daniel Hames said...

I really like that, Bee.
Reminds me of this poem by George Herbert...

"Love III"

Love bade me welcome, yet my soul drew back,
Guilty of dust and sin.
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
From my first entrance in,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning
If I lack'd anything

"A guest," I answer'd, "worthy to be here";
Love said, "You shall be he."
"I, the unkind, the ungrateful? ah my dear,
I cannot look on thee."
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,
"Who made the eyes but I?"

"Truth, Lord, but I have marr'd them; let my shame
Go where it doth deserve."
"And know you not," says Love, "who bore the blame?"
"My dear, then I will serve."
"You must sit down," says Love, "and taste my meat."
So I did sit and eat.