Wednesday 13 July 2011

the familiar smell of buses

Yesterday I took the caught the bus to work. The smell was incredibly familiar, all of a sudden I was thirteen and on my first day at a new school. How is it possible that every bus smells the same - even hundreds of miles and decades apart, they smell exactly the same.

Nostalgia that hits you between the nostrils.

I have also just about finished my target of reading a book this week. 150 pages to go, and I'm pretty sure that after a soak in the bath and a snuggle on the sofa, my target will have been reached. Next I'll be reading 'The Summer of The Bear' by Bella Pullen, followed by 'The Vision, The Call and The Final Quest' by Rick Joyner. For the latter I've been told I need to take notes...! I've got this habit, you see, of collecting books. Second hand bookshops, charity shops, railway stations, you name it. I love the familiarity of books, a well read book is like a friend. I start reading in the hope that I'll gain some insight that will change me, or open my eyes to a new perspective. I also overestimate the time I have now that I'm working. The two of these work together to give me a very full bookshelf, and a very long reading list. So, I have set myself the challenge of reading at least one book a week, and reviewing it. I'll keep you posted!

No comments: