Saturday 19 August 2006

Build This House

'Unless the Lord builds the house,
those who build it labor in vain,
Unless the Lord watches over the city,
the watchmen stays awake in vain'

Psalm 127:1-2

I read this Psalm recently, and realised that I've been learning the meaning of it more and more in the last few years. And, I think, I could probably say that's one of my biggest prayers for the next year-nicely defined in the chorus of the song 'Build this House' by Lou and Nathan Fellingham:




All I have and all I am is Yours
There’s nothing that I have on earth that doesn’t come from You
I lay aside my pride and worldly worth
To serve You is the greatest thing that I could ever do.

For unless You build this house
I am building it in vain
Unless the work is Yours
There is nothing to be gained
I want something that will stand
When Your Holy fire comes
Something that will last
And to hear You say “Well done”
Giving Glory to You Lord
Glory to You Lord

So easy to desire what others have
Instead of seeing all the gifts that You have given me
So help me fan the flame which You began
And burn in me a love for You that all will clearly see

Lou Fellingham, Nathan Fellingham & busbee
Copyright © 2005


1 comment:

Kat said...

Girl, hope Forum went really well and that you are refreshed and ready for the freshers (see what i did there? bet thats never been done before!)

Well lots of loving beauty...mwah

Kat
x x x x